Thursday, 12 May 2016

Gallery update: Araby

Been a really long time since I posted an update for my personal armies, mainly due to being rather lazy about picking up the camera. Hence, I decided to finish painting the entire army (save for one unit which I'm planning on replacing) and take all pictures at the same time. Because of this the pictures does not have the standard white background since I just took the pictures directly in the cabinet (the prospect of having to arrange all ~7000 miniatures again is a rather daunting one). But on the plus side, I've figured out white balancing, ISO, exposure, lightning, timer settings and picture recolouring so the pictures does not suck this time! I hope you enjoy my mediocre painting skills!

I've added the miniature maker in the brackets of each photo. If you have any questions about a specific miniature, just let me know in the comments.



Army shot 1

Army shot 2

Characters (mix of Hell Dorado, Reaper, Dark Sword, LotR, Gripping Beast)

Janissaries (Assault Group)

Mamelukes (front unit from Footsore, back unit from Black Tree)

Roc, Basilica Cannon, Corsair (Reaper, Assault Group, Black Tree)

War Elephant, Vizier and Sheik on Flying Carpet, Bladedancers (Vendel, Black Tree, Hell Dorado, Reaper)

Swordsmen with Imam and Dibbukim (Black Tree, Gripping Beast, Hell Dorado)

Spearmen with Imam and Dibbukim (Black Tree, Reaper, Hell Dorado)

Sultan's Guard with Sultan (Black Tree, Perry, Hell Dorado)

Bowmen (Black Tree)

Desert Riders with spears (Black Tree)

Desert Riders with bows (Black Tree). Nomad Hunters in the back (Hell Dorado).

Camel Riders (Black Tree)

Flying Carpet Riders (Black Tree)

Naffatun (Perry, Hell Dorado)

14 comments:

  1. Really great! I am building up my own myself (based on your book) and I have bought some of the models you have from Hell Dorado.
    I have a small curiosity. The three "bladedancers" behind the jannissaries are from which line? And the mameluks?
    Have you seen the sculpts of the slaves and of the infantry by shieldwolf miniatures? Unfortunately they told me that they will resume the project and finalise them in 2017... More months to wait.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The Bladedancers are all reaper models. The mamelukes are from Footsore and Black Tree (as the picture mentions).

      Yes, I'm awaiting their slave models especially, then I can replace the unfinished slave unit I currently have :)

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry, I went straight into the pictures and did not notice that there were explanations underneath.
    However, I have one more question. Which "sub range" did you use for the reaper models, because, so far, my searches were unsuccessful.
    Again, compliments! It is a beautiful collection

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries, it's 02970: Rasia, Bladedancer, 03515: Mi-Sher, Dervish Warrior and 60052: Almah, Merchant Princess

      I've ordered another bladedancer from Figone and Bombshell miniatures as well, but I have not received those yet.

      Delete
  4. Thanks a lot! I think I will also buy the same minis.
    Sorry for keeping on bothering you with questions. Have you ever tried to print your books in the same format as GW?
    I would like to, one exemplary per AB (a very limited run ;-) and one every two months, considering that the price for one copy would surely be not irrelevant) to add them to my collection. Would it be ok for you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure, no problem. Just be aware that you might need to reprint some pages when/if an update changes some rules.

      Delete
    2. Yes indeed. And I needed to buy rules from GW every time they were updating them... I will send you a photo when it is done. May take some time, because I am particularly busy at work this period...
      Thanks again for the beautiful job you are doing with our beloved warhammer.

      Delete
  5. where did you get the assassin mini (assassins creed style)? i've tried to find it but it's as elusive as an assassin should be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. and btw, i absolutely love what you've done for warhammer, you kept going where gw dropped the ball

      Delete
    2. Thanks! I assume you refer to the one dressed in white? It's from Dark Sword, search for "Assassin" and you should find it :)

      Delete
  6. Very nice! I really love the army rulebook and it's lore. Very cool miniatures but their are perhaps two kinds of models that are missing; The dervishes and the sandglass of time. Did you found the models that suits for them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I've been looking around for those too, but did not find anything I felt too interested in purchasing, even if I found some models that would work okay for them.

      Delete
    2. Maybe those dibbukims would be better to be place as dervishes, because they too have dual swords. They surely don't look like dervishes in the army book but it could fit.

      Delete