Tuesday 8 April 2014

Annoucing: Mordheim for Warhammer!

One thing that I (and I'm sure many others) have a fondness for are the models from Mordheim, now unfortunately discontinued (thanks, GW!). Seeing as I don't play Mordheim per say, but own quite a few of the models, I would very much like to see adaptations of their rules into Warhammer. So, what does this mean exactly?

Well, for starters, I intend to allow the Hired Swords (not all of them, but the more interesting ones) to be used as Hero choices for Dogs of War. Some are already included in the DoW book, but I want to expand upon the theme and add more characters that are not in the main book. Secondly, I intend to make all Dramatis Personae available for their respective armies as normal Special Characters, meaning you'll be able to field Johann the Knife, Bertha Bestrafung and all the others in your normal games of Warhammer.

Not going to put a date on it, but it should be a reasonably quick affair, though I intend to finish both the current Bretonnia and Estalia updates first.

2 comments:

  1. I think most of the Dramatis Personae would work better as Regiments of Renown, available for hire by a bunch of different armies. Veskit and maybe Bertha Bestraufrung being the obvious exceptions.
    On a related note, any word on Allied Contingents?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This will be the case actually, though some of them will be kept exclusive, just like you said.

      As for the Allied Contingents, they will be released as separate lists instead, you can see the predicted order to the left of the page.

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.