Sunday 5 February 2023

Showcase Gallery: Albion

This is my Albion army which I started around 2014. This was painted over a period of 4 months this year; June to September. Like my other armies, this is painted to a simple tabletop standard using a basecoat + wash for expediency.

I had some trouble deciding on the colour scheme for it as I was either going for a green or dark blue; but in the end I felt a green colour would fit my vision for it the best. After that I had the arduous task of deciding on exactly what shade of green to use... 15 test models later using pretty much every green I had, I ended up being happy with none of them and instead went out and bought a bottle of Vallejo Olive Green, which was just what I wanted. When in doubt, buy more paint I guess?

For the bases, I used a dark mud (because it's always raining on Albion!) and then added various moor and swamp tufts which fit the lore, along with some static grass to cover up most of the ground texture so it would not look too barren.

Nearly all the models are metal models from either the Celtos or Chronopia range, both sculpted by Kev White in the 90's and early 00's. While they might be considered a bit outdated by today's standard, I like their simplicity and heroic scale features which gives them a nice old school charm similar to older GW models. Speaking of GW, the army obviously includes the few Albion models GW made, like the Truthsayer and Giants of Albion.

 


Army Shot (above)


Army Shot (front)


Warleader on Elk, Warleader on Shieldbearers, Chieftain with Battle Standard (Celtos, Chronopia)


Gwenlaen the Proud, Warleaders, Amanthas the Huntress (Copplestone Castings, Celtos, Northstar, Wargames Foundry)


Druids, Truthsayer, Hengus (Chronopia, Celtos, GW)


Druids (Chronopia, Celtos)


Warriors with shields (Celtos)


Warriors with spears (Celtos, Chronopia)


Warriors with great weapons (Celtos)


Woad Raiders (Victrix, Warlord Games)


Youngbloods (Celtos, Chronopia)


Youngbloods (Celtos)


Aonbarr Horse Warriors (Celtos, Chronopia)


Chariots (Celtos)


Warhounds (Celtos, Chronopia, Warlord Games)


Hearthguard (Chronopia, Celtos)


Swordmaidens (Celtos, Chronopia, Bombshell)


Centaurs (Confrontation)


Viridian Lords (Chronopia)


Fenbeasts (GW)


Half Giants (Mierce)


Stone Thrower (Celtos, Scotia Grendel)


Giant (Black Hat)


Giants of Albion (GW)


Bonegrinder Giant (Mierce)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.