As promised, the next Ravening Hordes book! The High Elf book was mostly solid, so the amount of changes is rather low compared to the Empire book. The main change is the removal of ASF and retooling of Martial Prowess, meaning your characters will now benefit from it similarly to the DE book, and it also partially covers the loss of re-rolls from ASF. In general the book is somewhat weaker than before, with only a few units going down in price with some going up and most losing some damage output. Nothing major that will unbalance the whole army though.
For the 9th Ed book, you will have more expensive troops, but most will also have better armour saves with medium armour for spearmen, and heavy armour (4+) for the elites. In addition, their missile attacks have gotten a boost due to their Multiple Shots from bows.
Next week: Dark Elves!
8th Edition update:
- ASF removed
- Martial Prowess = re-roll 1's To Hit.
- Elven bows added.
- Dragon armour does not grant ward saves.
- Shadow Armour, Star Lance, Armour of Caledor removed (moved to special characters).
- World Dragon banner nerfed to spells only.
- Anointed of Asuryan moved to Heroes, does not grant Ward saves.
- Warriors (shields, 2HW's) added.
- Spearmen, Sea Guard, Reavers can have heavy armour (8th ed).
- Silver Helms have shields by default.
- White Lions have LA by default.
- Swordmasters 14 pts (8th ed).
- Cheaper Shadow Warriors.
- Cheaper Lion chariots.
- Cheaper Dragon Princes.
- Phoenix Guard moved to rare.
- Bolt Throwers moved to special.
- Skycutter moved to rare.
- Frostheart Phoenix is an upgrade to Flamespyre Phoenix. Blizzard Aura only effects models in base contact.
- Merwyrm added.
- Handmaidens of the Everqueen made a rare unit.