Clocking in at 86 pages, the complete Kingdoms of Ind book now finally has a complete background section along with the 8th ed update, so for those of you who have been wanting to read up on Ind, you can now finally do so! I went with a heavy emphasis on the Mahabharata and Ramayama för parts of the fluff, which I do think could have been Warhammer-ized a bit better; so I might go back to the fluff at a later point and improve upon it. Even so, Ind's history is far from being just a rehash or real India's history, instead drawing much more upon myths and fictional work. Overall, the book mixes Ancient India with the Vedic Pantheon, as well as a bit of the Mughal Empire and the Sikhs. Should be something for everyone, I hope.
This new update of the book features the following:
- Background on the Indan society; the caste system, their religion, and their relationship with the rest of the world.
- History of Ind; the war of the Deva, the creation of the Kingdoms, heroes of legends, civil war, war with Cathay and Tilea, Ind today, and a timeline.
- Geography of Ind; descriptions of flora and fauna, the 7 kingdoms, and a map of Ind.
- New units: Vishkanyas, Urumi Swordsmen, Snake Swarms, Thugees, Maiden Guard, Holy Warriors, Bengal Riders, Ganeshans. Some of the older units have been renamed and/or replaced by the new ones.
- New Special Characters: Lord Darahma, Karishna, Urjana, Parashuruma (all based on famous Indian heroes). Akbar the Great, Farah and Malik are gone.
- Full colour update, with tons of new artwork and fluff for the units.
- Rules updates and changes to bring the army into 8th ed properly.
So there you have it, the finalized Kingdoms of Ind as promised. Only took about 2 years ;)
Enjoy, and let me know of any bugs and errors as usual!