Anyway, after finding a bit of "rough criticism" on 4chan who thought "this armybook is shit" (though this was mostly referring to an older version) due to a couple of reasons, I went back to the back to the book and had a look at the fluff, and decided to update quite a bit in the background department, which eventually led to a pretty large overhaul of the bestiary, which led me to increase the page margins and redo pretty much the entire book layout (luckily I had the time since I'm still sick!)
So, this new version features:
- Lots of changes in Araby's history: there's no more mention of a Remean or Constantian Empire, since those parts were originally unofficial WFRP sources from 1st ed, with no prevalence in current fluff.
- Removal of continued crusades, since that didn't happen either.
- Removal of the discovery of Genies in 1600-ish, since Jaffar used them during the crusades.
- Huge revamp of the timeline, adding in a ton of missing official stuff and removing old things that didn't fit.
- Ormazd is no longer an old Khemrian God, but his own thing, worshiped solely in Araby.
- Fluff extensions to many units, and more "fluff-blurbs" with short stories and quotes throughout the book.
- Al Thair is no more, the assassin's name is now Malik Ibn La'Ahad. Fans of the AC series (like myself) might still find it familiar, but it is no longer super-obvious!
- Addition of the Golden Magus from Dreadfleet as a special character.
- Rocs are now a Rare choice instead of a Mount.
- Dervishes are a special choice and has seen a significant rework.
- Genies have been streamlined; there are now only two types of Genies - Djinn and Efreet - and Greater and Lesser Genies are gone. Genies are now lvl 1 Wizards, can be upgraded to level 2's.
- Flying Carpet Riders should now be a lot more useful, as they can Carpet Bomb every turn. Carpet Bombing no longer prevents enemy movement, but causes poisoned attacks, making them a lot better at monster hunting.
- Some small points adjustments.
- Bug fixes, as usual (and probably a few new ones with the layout changes!).