Fortunately, I know there are plenty of Estalia fans here (mostly from Spain, not surprisingly!), so this will hopefully still be rather welcomed news. Estalia haven't seen an update since sometime back in 2011, and there are plenty of things there that needs changing.
The Estalia update will be a bit down-played compared to most of the other updates, with less fantasy-elements (as befits their Inquisitorial setting). I haven't decided on their new units yet, though they will probably be fewer than those of other armies.
The army as a whole will probably land to be somewhat of a mix between the Empire and Dogs of War, though they won't have crazy magics and steampunk elements or a ton of different races to choose from. Rather, they will be a very human-centric army which will rely more on tactics and finesse over "ZOMG, explosions and stuff!".
So for those of you who prefer your armies with less fantasy, this would be a good choice (WAB players apply here), otherwise you will probably be better off just reading the background for fun and playing the Empire.
I will keep this post updated with the progress and planned features. However, right now I need to slow down work on these books for a few weeks to focus on studies, so do not expect this to be as quick an update as the Norse was. I will probably have it out in a month or so, and will be able to pick up the pace again after June 8th.
Planned features (so far):
- New (possible) units: War Dogs, Royal Guard, Almogavars. Plans for Seraphim (angels) and Gorgons (armored bulls) existed, but I feel those would be a bit too much for Estalia. Inquisitorial Henchmen, Serfs are gone.
- New special characters: Isabella Giovanna Luccelli and the High Inquisitor among others. Current special characters will be renamed so as not to be the same as their historical counter-parts.
- Full colour update (the usual stuff, have tons of new cool artwork for the book).
- Tercio formation will be added as army special rule.
- Lore of Myrmidia will be relegated to Bound Spells like the Empire Warrior Priest.
- Tactical Supremacy will be revised to be more useful.